Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wife Contract

I strung this one on pretty far!

Chris: You have to contact up.
Me: Contact who?
C: Contact up. They need to know you're here.
M: What do they need to know? I live here!
C: That's true. It's not like a contract or anything.
M: I should hope not. Are you contracting me out to be your wife?
C: Hmm..I think that can be arranged.
M: [laughs] Who would I be reporting to?
C: Who do you want to report to?
M: I don't know. You're the one telling me I have to contact up.
C: That's true. Why don't you report to Behfeh (like last time, Behfeh is the cat)
M: [laughs] Ok...
C: And I guess Behfeh has a dotted line to the CEO of Whirlpool.
M: [laughs] Ok.
C: And then, uh...I don't know. I'll have to ask Behfeh where the rest of the organization is.
M: Ok. Is there anything else I need to do?
C: You mean as far as reporting is concerned?
M: Yeah.
C: No, I think that should cover all our bases.
M: Ok. Do I have to draw up a report?
C: [starting to sound very sleepy] Could you do that?
M: Ok, how long would you like it to be?
C: Nothing too fancy, just a page or two should do.
M: And what should it say?
C: Oh, just make it the standard report.
M: I don't know what the standard is. I'm new.
C: Oh. Um, I'll forward you an example.
M: [laughs] Ok. So, who wrote this example? Like, was it you or someone else?
C: I wrote it.
M: Oh, so I didn't have a predecessor?
C: No.
M: That's good to know. Well, alright. I'll get to work on that.
C: What?
M: I'll get to work on it.
C: Oh.

No comments: